Thursday 24 February 2011

Ranty Pants I

Well, I feel a stint in the ranty pants coming on.  A bit random, but a few minor irritations.  Please feel free to add your own to the list …..


  • Fresh fruit and veg:  cucumbers/peppers etc really don’t need to be wrapped in cling film.  Likewise, apples and bananas do not fall off the tree covered in stickers telling me what they are! 

  • To the skanky ones at work:  can’t you read?  The signs in the communal kitchen ask that you kindly clean up your crockery and cutlery after use.  That’s not an invite to dump it into the sink until someone else gets so fed up looking at it, that they wash it up for you.  Likewise, please leave the tea towels straight and stop nicking my coffee – buy your own!

  • Recruitment Agencies:  you promise the earth and then deliver nothing.  You ring with “the ideal opportunity” for me, build me up and then close the door.  Or you contact me with the most bizarre job openings for skills I do not possess.  Did you read that CV you asked for?

  • Recruiters in general:  how on earth you can find it justifiable to leave an applicant hanging around for 3, 4, 5 weeks without any contact is beyond me.  Surely, when you read my application you must have had an inkling as to whether I’m a yay, nay or maybe.   Communication is a great tool.  Use it!

  • When you become a parent, do you lose your own identity?  Why do people ring a radio station to warn the nation of a traffic hot-spot, only to go by the name of “Bens dad” or “Annies auntie”.  

  • The AmericaniZation of the English language.  It’s not called the English language for fun y’know!  Bloody Microsoft have got a lot to answer for.

And breathe ……..

x

10 comments:

  1. Fresh fruit and veg: My Dad would take the labels and stick them on my forehead or face just because it's funny - okay so it doesn't sound funny and sounds like something strange but he'd chase me and to my 7 yo self this was hilarious - now he just does it to see how long I'll sit there with it stuck to me.

    To the skanky ones at work: It's like smokers in my building - can't you read "No smoking in this area" - aah and then you're going to breathe smoke over me - I'm the asthmatic - I keep threatening to stop and reach in my back for my inhaler as I walk past to make a statement.

    Recruitment Agencies: The last one I was with sent me for a job in accounting. Erm I have a GCSE in Maths and 1 in Business Studies that doesn't count as accounting qualifications.

    Recruiters in general: Communication is a fab tool when used in the right hands - in the wrong hands it's a fail waiting to happen.

    When you become a parent, do you lose your own identity?: It doesn't just happen for parents. I moved church and for age's I was Mr Browning's Granddaughter or Carolyn's Daughter. Then I became Chris's Wife and it still sticks - it's horrible who stole my identity IWANTITBACKNOW!!!!

    The AmericaniZation of the English language: I work for an American company, my computers default is English (US) no matter how many times I change it back so I keep adding all the English words to the American dictionary and upsetting it. Still makes me laugh that when I spell necessarily wrong it still comes up with various words starting Necro- or incessantly.

    There we go rant concluded

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't fault ya there. My personal pet peeves are when coming out of a public bog and the person before you just walks out without washing hands :( Even when i was a lorry driver i carried around baby wipes with me for when i couldn't wash me hands. there's just no need for it. You can even get mini bottles of alcohol gel these days . . .skanky personages *shudder*

    Steve :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison from Eastleigh24 February 2011 at 09:15

    You've started us all off now .. why do shoppers put bunches of bananas in those clear bags? .. doesn't that thick yellow skin protect the edible bit?

    Please have another rant tomorrow .. it's good for the soul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why when I've just sat down to watch television do people phone me to ask if I want to change my energy supplier, buy a new phone, want to order something, etc. NO!!!!! I don't!!! If I did I wouldn't do it over the phone.

    Why do people keep on pushing pizza leaflets through my letterbox, I know where the pizza shop is if I want one.

    Why do I keep on getting e-mails advertising an item I've just bought from Amazon? I'm not opening a shop and don't want to buy hundreds of them.

    Why can I never open the clear bags to put my bananas into when other people seem to do it so easily? I always hope that nobody has noticed me taking so long.

    I could go on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another one:

    Why do they put serving suggestions on things such as a tin of tuna. The silliest one I saw was on a jar of mint sauce, the serving suggestion was whole unchopped mint leaves!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do people think that car indicators are optional extras? Especially when it comes to roundabouts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When people put flowers to mark where something tragic has happened, please take them out of the wrappers, months later all that's left is the plastic wrapper - that does my head in.

    X

    Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do people insist on keeping their trolleys alongside them in the supermarket, rather than behind? You're stopping anybody else from getting within three feet of the product(s) they want to buy and, if they can bothered, they then have to wait until you've finished faffing about. Move your blimmin' trolley and give someone else a look-in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Deevs, YES!!! We agree with ALL of those. Can we add 'people who text while driving' Gyaaargh!!!

    Time for a revolution. Rise, Deevs' People! Let's enslave the prats everywhere!!! Buwaahahahahahahaaaaaa....!
    R&J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pet rants from somewhere in Sheffield...

    Why do so many Mothers with pushchairs, whilst waiting to cross the road, stand too close to the kerb, causing the pushchair to hover precariously balanced on its back wheels on the kerb edge, with its precious cargo stuck out into the carraigeway at the mercy of the oncoming traffic? (Twice today)

    ReplyDelete