Tuesday 5 April 2011

Time Please!

Apologies for the lack of blog updates lately – spare time has been somewhat absent, but all for good reasons ……
The healthy eating thing (I hate the word “diet”!) I told you all about back in January is starting to really notice.   I’ve now lost 17lbs and dropped 2 dress sizes and have had some kind of exercise epiphany:  maybe it’s all the fish I’m eating that’s making me so agile in the swimming pool!  Also loving my weekly yoga session – and it’s certainly not for wimps ........
( .. and yes, I can ....!)

My home study is thoroughly enjoyable too:  I’ve now submitted 2 assignments – the first one passed with really positive feedback and I’m fairly hopeful of a similar result for #2 (I should know by the end of this week). 
The first assignment was basic human physiology and anatomy.  It’s amazing what our bodies do to protect us and keep us functioning – complex machines doesn’t even come close!  Assignment 2 concentrated on the digestive system and how we process our food:  not exactly lunch time reading but certainly eye-opening nonetheless!
The Better Half is introducing me to the pleasures of The Lake District later this month.  Walking boots and comfy socks have been purchased and I am looking forward to attacking The Old Man Of Coniston and a few beers to celebrate my mountaineering achievement afterwards!
Yes, life’s busy but good.  I can almost feel the long, hot Summer days just around the corner .........


8 comments:

  1. W.t.g Deevski. . You have done excellently well xx

    enjoy your walks. .. Its refreshing xxx

    and proud of your achievements xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear the diet is working Deevs, and that you're enjoying your course. You sound really positive about life at the moment, and that's great! I'm so pleased for you.

    Hope you enjoy the Lake District. Along with the walking boots and comfy socks I suggest you invest in a walking stick (you're never too young) and more importantly, a good set of waterproofs! That will guarantee you good weather.

    Debbie ~X~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Digestive system !? don't talk to me about that!, i'm a martyr to my 'vilie'.
    Glad the sizeing down is going well hunny, happy fell walking xx
    Gill ~ the wigan lass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you are seeing the fruits of your labour and feeling better for it. keep at it lass.
    Love eating fishy type stuff...prepared by others. Not so good at cooking for myself.
    Enjoy the Lakes.

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be able to get my feet over my head like that - I think I still can I'm not sure I'd be able to get them to the floor though - will have to try it!

    Glad your studies are going well too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blimey Deevs - I'm impressed you can do that. With my back it's an effort just getting to the floor !!!!

    Good on you with the weight loss and for starting the studying - fingers crossed for your 2nd assigment marks.

    jillygoat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. earlier on in the year you said you couldn,t put tights on cos of bad back! WTF??

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're quite right Anon (do you have a name, btw? I assume you're a R2 blogger if you know about my back trouble .....)

    The bad back (sciatica) was last September/October and on the advice of my acupuncture sessions, I took up yoga to improve my core strength and flexibility. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend yoga as it's done wonders for me, both physically and mentally.

    ReplyDelete