Tuesday 8 March 2011

Brain Time!

Having taken the plunge and decided to launch myself headlong out of my professional comfort zone to retrain for something completely different, I was made to wait 10 days by those meanies at the college for my study materials.  But at long last, aforementioned study materials have now arrived so it’s time to Retrain My Brain!

I know the path to starting my own business is going to be a long one, and there will be twists and turns along the way.  I have a lot of work to do and (judging by the course materials) much learning to take on board.  I am going to have to be disciplined and give myself realistic deadlines if I am to achieve my goal of becoming a qualified Nutritionist. 

Without exception, everyone I have confided in prior to taking the plunge has given me their utmost support (thank you – you know who you all are!) and the positivity (and realism!) of those who know me best is making me even more determined to succeed (as opposed to suck seed, which is what birds do ….!)

The Nutrition course is just the first step of my great adventure.  Come September I’m hoping to enrol on a course with real live people (not a distance learning experience) to gain a Diploma In Counselling. 

So, pencils sharpened, notepad and biro at the ready …. I’m going in.

Wish me luck – I may be some time!

x



 








9 comments:

  1. Really glad all the materials arrived at last and good luck with it all.

    We're about to enrol 'im indoors on his retraining thingy, so it seems there'll be a few of us studying over the next few years ...... should we eat more fish for those leetle grey cells?

    jillygoat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jollygit! Maybe knowing what "'im indoors" is about to undertake, makes me wonder if there's a market for a Holistic Bloggers Society ...!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Good Luck Deevski :D So excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck Deevs - are you going to carry on working while studying? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the plan Ashling - can't afford not to work at the mo! Although eventually plan to cut down to p/t when I need to get the business off the ground! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Deevs. I hope you have more suck cesc (did you see what I did there?) with home study than me. I must have at least 6 unfinished degrees sat in various files and folders dotted around my little abode.

    And any mention of a ten percent club (or anything similar!) when you're a world renowned nutritionismistical type person and I'll be after you!

    MW, a!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant think of a better Counsillor than you Deevs, you dont need luck just a ticketed queueing system ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deevs, honey, you have made the RIGHT decision. Every blessing with your learning. I have some experience in the field myself (won't go into it here) but if I can EVER provide any help or suggestions... you know where I am.

    You are a lovely listener and an even better encourager. Counselling can make a REAL difference to people's lives (and even, in some caes, can SAVE lives). Whether as an employment, a relationship, lifestyle or bereavement counsellor - it's an opportunity to make a REAL difference. And it's now yours for the taking sweetie. It may not necessarily be easy - but it is worth it.

    You know where I am if you need encouragement, understanding or a good old coursework-rant.

    With love,

    Roo (and Jasper) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes... and if you ever need an admin. bod/secretary... ;-) Rxx

    ReplyDelete